I thought 2015 was a pretty crazy year for me in personal travel. Little did I know that 2016 would far surpass my wildest expectations.
Over the past 12 months, I've done and experienced a fair bit including:
- ringing in 2016 in Madrid, Spain
- taking my first visit to South America with a 3 day weekend jaunt to Brazil
- flying Cathay Pacific in First Class from New York to Hong Kong
- spending 48 hours in Singapore
- heading to Sydney and Melbourne in Australia
- exploring Sherwood Forest (it's real!) and then getting a photo with supermodel Naomi Campbell on the flight back home
- ziplining for the first time in Costa Rica
- heading off the beaten path to an amazing British seaside town in Northern England
- taking a brunch canal tour of Amsterdam
- returning to Pittsburgh, the first US city I ever lived in
- visiting my birthplace of Barbados, just in time to enjoy some of the 50th Independence Day celebrations
- as I write this article, currently closing out 2016 in Hong Kong and heading to Bangkok on January 1!
This year I visited 5 of the 7 continents: North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia. I also averaged only 3 weeks between each of my personal trips.
As if that wasn't enough, I also picked up my life in New York and moved to the other side of the country and now call San Francisco home! A detailed post on that is coming soon...